Fresho Methi/Venthaya Keerai
Do not forget to check out our delicious recipe- https://www.bigbasket.com/cookbook/recipes/1749/rice-methi-pakoda/
- Storage: Wrap them in paper and refrigerate for up to 5 days. For long term storage, soak the leaves in a bowl of saltwater for 10 minutes. Dry them on a kitchen towel. Saute them on medium flame with a tablespoon of oil to completely absorb moisture. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container and freeze.
- Uses: Used in dal, curries, parathas and rice. Fresh green methi leaves are added to salads and soups and can also be roasted to release the flavour from the leaves so it can spread on to the dish of your choice!
- Methi leaves reduce inflammation inside the body.
- They are effective in promoting milk flow for breastfeeding.
- They help with eating disorders.
- Reduce blemishes/stubborn skin marks and they are natural mouth fresheners.